Event Registration (Rego)
The registration of athlete’s details from the online system to the allocation of race numbers, timing chips, etc. is a process that requires a high level of attention by event organisers. We have noticed at recent events that standards are slipping which has a knock on impact on fast accurate results being published. We believe it the responsibly of the athletics, event organiser and the timing companies to help and eliminate these issues.
Below are a number of simple steps to follow;
- Take your time filling in your entry form. We correct hundreds of entries each year where names and dates of birth were entered incorrect.
- Pay attention at registration; check that you have received the correct race number and timing chip. Mistakes do happen we would prefer to resolve this prior to the race so you will receive accurate and prompt results after. If in doubt double check before leaving registration – or check with the timing team prior to race start.
- Once the online registration is closed forward the full data base to the timing company. Please make sure we have these fields at a minimum – First name / Last name / Gender / Date of Birth / Race number / wave (if required) / mobile number)
- At Sportstiming we use our software to allocated race categories based on the athletics date of birth. (It is very common to get multiple people entering a race with the same name – it is less likely they will have the same data of birth
- We allocate a transponder and chip code to each athlete.
- This “master start list” must only be edited by Sportstiming. Sportstiming will email this list to the organiser prior to the event and will have a print off on arrival to the event.
- It’s essential that the organiser checks this list and informs Sportstiming of any changes.
- Before rego opens do a simple check. Pick a race number and check to see if the chip code was correctly allocated by Sportstiming.
- We suggest that organisers follow the registration layout proposed by Sportstiming.
- Finally please issues the correct race number to the corresponding athlete.
- We want both athlete’s and race organisers to have a successful race , it should be a stress free experience.
- We pride ourselves on issuing prompt correct results. To achieve this we need clean accurate data from the registration process.
- If it is your first event or you require advice please connect Sportstiming.
See you at your next race;
Time is everything.